This company ruins lives

Current Employee - Co Manager in New Haven, CT
Current Employee - Co Manager in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Joyce Leslie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Only good thing is merchandising and being able to be creative.

Cons

They treat you like dirt, pay less then your worth, never give raises or promotions, make you work until all hours of the night with out compensation, no time off, talk to you like your a child, and you hardly get any benefits. I worked there almost five years as a manager. It was the worst experience of my life. I worked my butt off and got nothing but stress in return. Anyone planning to work here run away. Your better off w no job. If your a parent you will never see your kids, never cook them dinner, never make it to sports or teacher conferences. JL doesnt care! RUN

Advice to Management

Care about your store managers, give them time with there families, treat them with respect. Act professional when you visit stores. Screaming is innappropriate even if you own the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stay AWAY!!!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Freehold, NJ

I worked at Joyce Leslie part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some of my co workers are ok

Cons

a lot of employee theft, and it started to affect people who weren't even stealing!
    management is rude and yells at you a lot
    management could care less about customers and employees
    no breaks if over 18

Advice to Management

install cameras in the store instead of having people stand around in certain areas of the store. treat your employees better. even if you are over 18 you should be given breaks too. let us be able to use direct deposit. also, the "bakery" you guys have is unsafe. a member of management put all the stores money in a bag and takes it to the bank. that's what armored trucks are for! its dangerous

mean -spirited company

Former Employee - Store Manager in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Joyce Leslie

Pros

i can tell you that meeting new people and the pay were the only things that were positive.

Cons

1, the way that they send you shipment. if your store is 5000 sq feet you will get 20,000 sq ft in merchandise almost daily . the "Vira racks . they are too high causing blind spots for potential thieves . the way that the majority of the company speaks to you . they scream , cuss etc. i have been in retail for 18 years and i never had anyone speak to me in the way that they do. their testing is so crazy.a test for this a test for that ..... the scheduling. an asst mgr would make the schedule . it will get looked over from the manager to the" supervisor" it will get changed , then it gets sent in to the home office only to have it changed again . the way that you are approached . they tell you not ask you. i was told , not asked that i was being transfering to a brooklyn store because of the payroll was too high . they also said that the shrink of that store was high as well . yet they wanted me in a higher volume store . doesnt make sense . day after day i jeopardized my life protecting their assetts . including getting punched in the face by a thief and seeking medical treatment with a few butterfly stitches . no one from the H.O called to see if i was ok . leaving that company was the best thing that has ever happened to me not a day went by when i didnt cry as i was so unhappy . was the pay good ? you bet it was . but once you work there, they own you . i am now working for a wonderful and caring company that deserves me.

Advice to Management

my advise to Nancy, Joyce and everyone that works for JL to learn some manners. treat people the way that you want to be treated . this company is heartless . hire a merchandiser . know the real estate of every store ,and stop cramming all the merchandise in. my former DM warned me about this co i only wish i listened to her .