Judson University

www.judsonu.edu
  www.judsonu.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Judson University

Fantastic place to work, loved every moment!

Former Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Elgin, IL
Former Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Elgin, IL

I worked at Judson University part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay
Academic respect for Graduate Teaching Assistants
Access to internationally known professors and thinkers
Professors are accessible and knowledgable, willing to explain concepts in the moment

Cons

Not yet widely known
"Bubble" atmosphere (both good and bad)
Workload is significant

Keep up the good work! Reward your hardest working professors and make sure only the best are working for you. A less than stellar professor can have a very negative impact on a students development.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Judson University (View Most Recent)

It is what you make of it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Judson University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlike the other two posters, I enjoy working at Judson. I have been fortunate to be trusted with responsibilities that make my job challenging and enjoyable. From looking at my co-workers, I am of the opinion that at Judson if you work hard and apply yourself you can be a successful, happy employee. Nobody will just give you anything, though, you have to hustle to prove yourself.

Judson has a very pretty, natural setting with woods and creeks and hills. A lot of people who drive through Elgin to get here are surprised at how nice the scenery is. You also can't beat the time off, the regular vacation time plus time off for Christmas and New Year's holiday break means most people have a month of vacation right there. The free education for you and your dependents is another good reason to work here, and is why a lot of people stay so their children, spouses, etc can go to school.

Also, the Christian, laid-back atmosphere makes for a good place to work. I have never been yelled at or insulted by a manager, nor will you hear people swearing or making lewd remarks.

Cons

Judson is really trying to control costs to keep tuition low, which is good for students but means you have to be resourceful in finding ways to do your job sometime. Again, if you are creative and determined you will find a way to get the job done. This also impacts the pay, but it is a trade-off working here sometimes. You get a pleasant, low-stress place to work with easy time off and free education for your family, but you take a hit in pay. Oh well.

I would like to see some of the contract companies let go and replaced with loyal Judson employees again.

Not worth it. Staff not valued.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

I worked at Judson University

Pros

Excellent, competent faculty. Godly president.

Cons

There are at least two classes of employees at Judson University - Faculty and Deans (who are treated like royalty) and Staff (who are treated like servants). Faculty promotions and upward mobility is carefully administered and thoughtful; staff promotions and mobility is either politically motivated or nonexistent. There is a constant undercurrent of dissatisfaction by many staff, who do not believe that they count or are heard by managers (who are mostly male). High level leaders are not accountable for their actions, which are at times arbitrary and destructive to individuals and careers.

There are newer employer reviews for Judson University