Juniper Networks

Reward for performance

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Westford, MA
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Westford, MA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Opportunity to work in field that customer asking.

Cons

Competitive. Hard work is given.

921 Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks (View Most Recent)

excellent

Current Employee - Senior Staff in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

leader in networking
    innvoation
    agile, desire to compet and be best

Cons

not scalable
    very slow in delivering features

Good place to work but it's not as nimble as it used to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

If you have a good boss then Juniper is an amazing place to work. The people at Juniper are intelligent and hard working (usually) and some orgs are amazing. Currently I work for a great org within sales and consider myself lucky since I have a great boss who has hired an amazing team and the sales AMs treat us with a lot of respect and as part of a team.

As in all large companies, it all depends on the specific organization you work for, not the overall company. Luckily I currently work in a great org which goes up to the VP level, and that org is strong up to the VP level. If that changes, I probably will make a change as well.

Cons

If you have a bad boss, which there are many at Juniper since I worked for a few over the years, then Juniper is a horrible place to work due to the massive politics within management which usually won't do anything to get rid of these crap managers (at all levels).

The running joke at Juniper nowadays is... When a new Director or above position is opened up unless your from IBM or Microsoft (in sales) or Cisco (BUs) you ain't getting the job, and if you do, then you will probably be YAVP (Yet Another VP). How many VPs can a company have, and I thought VPs were supposed to actually have an org to manage, not a couple of token Sr. Directors (their buddies) who may have a token Director or manager, or two... After watching how (little) they produce in the org, I sure wish I had a godfather who took care of me since I sure would like the salary, bonuses, and stock they get for doing what appears to be nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks