Juniper Networks

www.juniper.net
  www.juniper.net
There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Juniper Networks is one of the best companies in the valley.

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

The people are smart across the board - engineering, marketing, operations, service, and management. The leadership is competent and ethical, and the Juniper Way is clearly and openly practiced. It's very hard to succeed as a jerk at Juniper - the organization doesn't tolerate abuse. The technology is amazing - this is the hottest stuff in the networking business. And the business itself is strong and growing. We don't spend our time worrying about competition - we create reasons for other companies to worry about us.

Cons

People are very serious, kind of boring at times. "Fun" at Juniper is a particularly elegant piece of code. Yikes.

Don't forget how we got where we are now: the values of the Juniper Way, growing primarily organically rather than via the wrong acquisition, being engineering-driven.

919 Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks (View Most Recent)

The 'Juniper Way' as a workplace differentiator is starting to have the prominence it deserves.

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

How you achieve results ('The Juniper Way') is considered at least as important as the results that are achieved. Juniper is also focused on developing high performance products with an environmentally sound footprint that gives customers a lot more long term value add than lesser offerings. This generates healthy margins, satisfied customers, and gives development engineers a very stimulating work environment.
    The people that work here across the regions are also consistently top notch and genuinely care about helping each other to succeed.

Cons

There are still some 'entrepreuneurial' business practices being followed within business units that should have matured and migrated to a more controlled and consistent way of doing business.

Drive for more consistent working practices across the various product groups, then work on improving that baseline across the board.

overall a good company with smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

this is a well planned company

Cons

the bigness of the company

keep it up!