There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Juniper Networks is one of the best companies in the valley.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

The people are smart across the board - engineering, marketing, operations, service, and management. The leadership is competent and ethical, and the Juniper Way is clearly and openly practiced. It's very hard to succeed as a jerk at Juniper - the organization doesn't tolerate abuse. The technology is amazing - this is the hottest stuff in the networking business. And the business itself is strong and growing. We don't spend our time worrying about competition - we create reasons for other companies to worry about us.

Cons

People are very serious, kind of boring at times. "Fun" at Juniper is a particularly elegant piece of code. Yikes.

Don't forget how we got where we are now: the values of the Juniper Way, growing primarily organically rather than via the wrong acquisition, being engineering-driven.

888 Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks (View Most Recent)

Juniper tries hard to keep their employees happy.

Current Employee - Customer Account Support in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Support in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Juniper is a fiscally sound company. Their salaries and benefits are competitive. You work on the forefront fo technology and will never get bored with your tasks. You can genuinely build a career at Juniper and Management promotes and does not restrict movement within the organization.

Cons

Upper managent are genuinely trying to embody good employment practices, however middle and lower management are not getting the message filtered down to them. Every one is so busy fire fighting that even you manaher does not have time to review yuor goals and objectives. Too much inteference from the Sales Account team in Technical Customer Support even though Technical Customer Support is very competent. I get the impression that Management rules by fear but have not been able to confirm that.

The company is too focused on what Cisco is doing trying to get market share from them. Juniper has some very smart people and makes techically sound products.Forget about focusing the attention on Cisco and invent new ideas and innovation in your products. Building bigger, faster and better is not the way forward. We have to build out of the box solutions.

Juniper--good potential, nice people, and a good place to work

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Unlike many high tech companies in Silicon Valley (and I've worked for many of them) Juniper realizes that constant fire drills and chaining people to their laptops 24/7 = job and employee burnout. Juniper is a company that really seems to understand the concept of work/life balance. I'm sorry. I know that sounds very cliche, but it has actually been my experience in the 2+ years I have worked for this company. Also, the people of Juniper are just really nice to be around.

Cons

For all the ballyhoo made regarding the lofty goals and aspirations of the company, the corporate strategy remains a moving target. I just don't think that senior management (which has seen numerous changes) knows what they really want Juniper to be as a company or how they're actually going to get there. You just want to shake leadership by the throat and scream, "Make up your mind, figure it out and stick to it!" This is a company with great potential. It just needs clearer, more consistant leadership and direction.

I taught scuba diving for many years. In the words of a dive instructor, to capsulize my thoughts above, I'd say "Plan your dive - then dive your plan." Stop changing your minds, pick a direction, plan how to get there and then execute on the plan. I am hoping Kevin Johnson can do this. But it's a little too soon to tell at this point.

There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks