There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Simply put, Juniper is the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Simply put, Juniper is the best company I have ever worked for. Juniper places a high emphasis on its employee satisfaction and allows the individual to maintain a good work/life balance. Juniper is also highly customer focused which is how it should be. Pay and benefits are highly competitive if not better and management (at least my manager) is always looking out for the best interests of each team member. Opportunities to grow and advance are excellent and the overall environment is collaborative and often fun. What more could you ask from an employer?

Cons

Onsite perks are not as extensive as some in the Valley, but that is a very minor complaint. Truth is onsite perks are actually much better than most places. Also there is some contention between various teams within Juniper which I think stems from the several acquisitions that Juniper has made over the past few years. But in the end I think most teams do colloborate successfully.

Advice to Management

Perhaps find more ways to break down some walls between BUs. I see some of that happening now, but we still have some ways to go on that.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place, but room for improvement on development side.

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

The company is fairly stable, even in the current economic downturn.

Cons

Software development processes are lacking in many ways, senior management often makes odd choices in tools to use and imposes them even when the majority of engineers object and offer better solutions. Likewise suggestions about adjustments to processes are mostly ignored. Main problem seems to be that the first-line managers don't dare to bring the suggestions upward.

Advice to Management

Examine the performance of first-line managers, especially how much they listen to the senior engineer staffs recommendations.

Juniper, a great place for potential future growth, but requires a clearly defined vision going forward.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

In my 18+ years in the industry, I sincerely believe Juniper Networks has industry leading products and operating system when it comes to high-performance-networking (HPN). The JUNOS operating system utilizes a far superior development model to the competition. I also appreciate the fact that employees are considered to be a key asset to Juniper's future success, and feel there is a lot of upward potential and organization growth yet to be had going forward. In addition, there are a lot of smart people working here that I'm constantly learning from, and most are eager to contribute to a team effort.

Cons

Juniper is still a young company trying to figure itself out as to potential future growth areas, and has yet to learn to stream line the corporate structure - although, we are seeing the beginning of an evolving plan coming from the top. Juniper needs to learn how to break the 4-to-5 billion bearer if it wants to be taken serious by the major players in the tech industry.

Advice to Management

Please be respectful to people when having to make the difficult decisions, and understand the opinions of employees is important if want to be considered a top 10 employer. In addition, management and leadership are two separate concepts that most executives get mixed up. At this point, there is good management and poor leadership on many levels. I recommend to invest in leadership development at all levels - otherwise it won't matter if we make better products if there is no clear-concise vision for the lower levels to manage towards.