Juniper Networks
www.juniper.net Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Juniper has good products but is being destroyed by poor management

Management (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood technology, good compensation, many opportunities to do interesting work, many excellent people.

ConsCompany has had "growing pains" for 5 years--now they are "shrinking pains"--but the pain is the same. Very complex, confusing, decentralized environment. Multiple groups doing the same thing, starting competing initiatives and projects. Extremely inefficient and crazy-making. We had three re-orgs in a year! They hired directors and VPs like crazy last 2 years, now had a big layoff because "too many directors and VPs."
The management has gone from being overoptimistic to hyper-pessimistic, but still cannot seem to set a direction for the company, and is constantly reacting to the latest news on Wall Street. Whatever Cisco did 2 years ago, Juniper will do today--whether it worked or not. Current fad is to outsource every function possible, even when the cost saving is small and disruption huge.
The Finance group literally cannot tell other groups what their budgets are. Weak IT department hinders everything, is well known to be a problem internally. It's embarrassing to work for a networking company that cannot manage to keep its videoconference equipment working.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't outsource everything and expect to maintain quality. Stop doing things just because Cisco does them. Wasn't Juniper founded to do it better than Cisco? And if you keep hiring people from failing companies, guess what you'll get--more failures.

Busy but can learn a lot for fresh graduate

Software Test Engineer (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks as an intern for less than a year

Pros: There are lots of excellent and experienced engineers from whom you can learn… Cons: Sometimes, assignment is not clear enough. Some human resource and time is wasted due to… Advice to Senior Management: Lack of communication between different team, seems the management need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company taken in the wrong direction

Sales (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good OTE Packages (Even if sales never hits on target it… Cons: Products quality is failing everywhere - JUNOS SRX. Give good OTE packages but then they give high quotas so no one can hit their… Advice to Senior Management: Stop bringing in NT and ALU executives unless you are trying to end up like both of those companies (bankrupt… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Juniper Networks.

Worked for Juniper Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Juniper Networks – Why Work for Us?

Networks are becoming more relevant in the world we live in today, and at Juniper Networks we believe the network can create a connected planet that unleashes a great wealth of possibility, innovation, and discovery… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Juniper Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Juniper Networks CEO Shaygan Kheradpir. All reviews posted anonymously by Juniper Networks employees.