There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Good company to work for, fairly employee oriented

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More responsibilities for each individual, lot of sense of accomplishment.

Cons

Doing more with less- always oversubscribed.Share some of the downsides of working at Juniper Networks.

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

1. The good and the bad - non technical/non engineering dept only

Former Employee - Non Technical
    Former Employee - Non Technical

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time

Pros

Extremely innovative and cutting edge in terms of ideas. Super intelligent, experienced employees - creme de la creme. Friendly people, with individual contributors and first level managers very genuine and Authentic. Strong loyalty to the company. High energy and fast paced. Compensation is very good.

Cons

Technology infrastructure is slow to catch up with innovative culture which adds a challenge to demands. Senior management (VP+) getting more political as the company gets bigger. Showing strong signs of In-group vs Out-group dynamics led by Sr management. (if you are in the in-group, helps with career opps ) . Lack of tight integration and collaboration between groups in the same departments is mind boggling.

Advice to Management

Senior management (VP +)within the same departments need to work together better to increase cohesion.

Disappointing, Short-Sighted and Parochial Senior Management Destroys Morale & Causes Turnover

Former Contractor - Senior Program Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Contractor - Senior Program Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at Juniper Networks as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at home is a definite plus and the people I worked with are skilled and nice to work with and will go the extra mile. It used to be a fun place to work.

Cons

Senior Management is bringing the company down. They make selfish decisions that knowingly cause unnecessary work for the working managers, causing ripple effects throughout the organization and with zero or negative benefit. They also waste a major amount of money on unnecessary outside services that provide a tiny bit of information about a small part of the company's profitability so the finance VP can manually input this magic number in a monthly report. However, this number is easily obtained by using the current MS Project system to compute Earned Value - but this VP prefers to pay over $300K per year as a personal calculator. He didn't want to know about saving money that could be used to pay salaries. The workflow in the department I worked in as a contractor was in major turmoil, with two managers and a director all confused who was supposed to run it and how it should be structured. This lasted a week until the director was let go and the remaining boss relied on me to do its job because s/he was busy with personal life, so I did its job, won a huge contract for the company and s/he took all the credit for our team's hard work and even failed to acknowledge our contribution. Too bad s/he laid off the team members before getting the passwords for the automated program management dashboard system we designed. The president made a few poor decisions, which panicked the market and drove the stock price down, so they immediately fired all of their contractors (with work unfinished) and got rid of lots of senior staff in buyouts (it was either that or get fired), so the efficiency and production immediately suffered, I would guess $3M+ work of contractor fee-based work may have been thrown out, but they probably charged it off or something equally impossible to comprehend.

Advice to Management

When you are interviewing, ask the managers about what is the worst aspect of working there and determine whether s/he might be uncomfortable in telling the truth. Also ask if they felt as though their boss acted like they were "mind-readers" - always a bad sign.