There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Great Company / Bad Politics

Former Employee - Prefer Not to State  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Prefer Not to State in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Juniper has excellent salaries and can be a great working environment with wonderful coworker!

Cons

There are a few bad apples in managerial positions at this company and if you get on their bad side they can hurt your career and tarnish your reputation. When I left the company, I was under the impression that what I saw and experience was isolated. Yet, since my departure I've met others who were treated unfairly and not supported by HR. I don't think this experience is limited to Juniper but proceed carefully if you step into a visible role in this company.

Do more to help worker advance and get out from underneath managers who have are undermining careers. You're loosing good people! Also, consider creating a mentoring culture to protect the investment in your people.

855 Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks (View Most Recent)

Surprisingly chaotic with very limited direction from the top

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brilliant technologists with leading edge ideas

Cons

Executive leadership is learning how to lead a mid-sized company for the first time, creating company wide turmoil while trying to expand during a rapidly evolving market. Overlapping roles/responsibilities promoted poor mid level management behavior and a lack of trust and partnership across BU's, highlighted by poor execution. Executive leadership lacked an understanding about the key characteristics of a strong leader versus narcissistic manager, creating short term sales, but long term declines across the board..

Listen to your customers and share holders, dramatic change is needed.....

Great people, slow process

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the smartest experienced engineers, got things done, needed minimal information. Most time left in business cases and getting projects approved. Engineers took care of detailed technical requirements

Cons

18 month process for even small software enhancements. Just too slow to do any enhancements. Take too long to partner, too long to launch products.

Speed, speed, speed !!!
    Have a different process for application software, core OS and routing, otherwise can not remain competitive in the market

There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Worked for Juniper Networks? Contribute to the Community!