Juniper Networks

www.juniper.net
There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Great people, dysfunctional management

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good technical experience, good people, decent benefits

Cons

Dysfunctional management, no clear career progression, old boy network,

Pay more attention to your good producers and less to who likes whom

940 Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks (View Most Recent)

Opportunity squandered

Former Employee - Director in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful physical location with a positive culture. Great products with tremendous potential to deposition the 800 pound gorilla. Great work/life balance and if you are in with the right group, you have it made.

Cons

Fantastic company that has been completely mismanaged by refugees from MSFT and Nortel. For the past two years, there has been a long litany of 'rearranging people' so rather than being a technology company, they have become an HR company. Juniper really took many steps back by bringing in fat cats from "failed comanies" to run the show. This created an attitude of complacency where mediocrity and management by checkbox is rampant amongst senior management.

Time for a house cleaning. Bring back Scott and others that cared about the company and the people that worked there. Unfortunately, the good people are in exodus en-masse and you dont even realize it. Note to executive management....all of your "report cards" are not helping the company. Put your resumes up on linked in and let Juniper heal from your reign.

Great Company / Bad Politics

Former Employee - Prefer Not to State in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to State in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Juniper has excellent salaries and can be a great working environment with wonderful coworker!

Cons

There are a few bad apples in managerial positions at this company and if you get on their bad side they can hurt your career and tarnish your reputation. When I left the company, I was under the impression that what I saw and experience was isolated. Yet, since my departure I've met others who were treated unfairly and not supported by HR. I don't think this experience is limited to Juniper but proceed carefully if you step into a visible role in this company.

Do more to help worker advance and get out from underneath managers who have are undermining careers. You're loosing good people! Also, consider creating a mentoring culture to protect the investment in your people.

There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks