Great place to work

Current Employee - Member Technical Staff IV in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Member Technical Staff IV in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

-Professional and technical growth opportunity -World class team -flexible working hours

Cons

-People management not up to expectation. Most managers are technical compared to other companies

Advice to Management

-Expecting more openness when it comes workforce restructuring

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Things have greatly deteriorated since this posting .... the company has taken a turn for the worse during the downturn

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Hmm... JUNOS is a superior operating system, flexibility to telecommute, good benefits and salary is good if you negotiate correctly on the way in.

Cons

Things have greatly deteriorated since this posting .... the company has taken a turn for the worse, and I wouldn't consider Juniper a place to try and make a career any longer ... still haven't figured out the difference between leadership & management, and lost sight of what really matters during the recent economic downturn .... not well positioned any longer ... it's going to be an "also-ran" type company from here on out ... only good to get experience and hop to the next thing as soon as you can .... not a place to build a career any longer ... wish it were, but isn't the place.

Advice to Management

Don't just announce layoffs and continuous reorgs without considering this is having upon those that are left behind - it was a wonderful place to work, and I sincerely believe Juniper has now lost it's way .... I won't recommend this company as a "best company to work for" - it was prior to 2008 ... but no longer .... sinking ship!!!

2. Review headline

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

It's a great company to work with. People are very smart and being treated with respect.

Cons

People work a lot there number of PTO days could be more than what we have now.

Advice to Management

no advice