There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Firing CEO a good start....

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great products
Hard working employees
Flexible work schedule
Good compensation

Cons

Termination of CEO is a good start. Need to clean out all former Microsoft execs and bring in leaders who understand customers and IT Infrastructure. Leadership under KJ has been pathetic. Should consider asking Scott Kriens to return!

Clean house and set higher ethical standards. SEC allegations continue to dampen reputation. Hold people accountable for results.

888 Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks (View Most Recent)

Program managers view

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time

Pros

Good salary and great coworkers

Cons

Firefight not good planning focus

Focus on results not perception

Great case study on how to run a company into the ground. So bad I wrote a JNPR white paper to refer to on my new role.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are still some really good engineers and sales people at Juniper, but they will all be gone in a few months.

Cons

Worst IT department I have ever seen. Constant problem with virus and malware getting into the company. IT is useless in these cases, and will blank the employees hard drive. Network constantly going down. (Yes, this is supposed to be a network security company.)

How many VPs of HR do you need? Just curious? Because I counted 6-7. Dozens of HR Directors.

Bloated accross the board in every department except engineering. Good people leaving every day. Bad people getting promoted.

Juniper has nearly 100 VPs and around 900+ directors. The company has fewer than 10000 employees. You do the math.

Security BU is a wreck.

Leave. Just LEAVE.

(Thanks Kevin, for being the first. Oh, and thanks CMO for leaving as well. Back to another dead company I see.)

Senior managmenet is all from (with very very few expections) from dying companies.

For years, Juniper's CMO was a person who came in from Nortel. Are you kidding me??!?!?!?
    Kids, why don't you all take a look at Nortel stock right now, OK?

There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks