There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

great place, great projects, great workforce

Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Westford, MA
Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Westford, MA

I worked at Juniper Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

An intern cant expect much more from a company. Through-the-roof salary, great internship staff and hiring manger was very supportive and understanding. Worked on some important and interesting projects in a consortium setting with big name players. Had a lot of fun and learned even more.

Cons

Not much except not the most happening location (Westford, MA) and conference calls at unusual times of the day (communication across time zones)

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

Great Innovative company

Current Intern - Systems Test in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Intern - Systems Test in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative and cutting-edge technology Good work culture

Cons

Food available in cafe - terrible!!!

From bad to badder, Juniper has great technology and VERY bad management.

Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The money is good and benifits

Cons

Inexperienced management being hired that drives away talent. When I started I had a manager that was a joy to work for he loved the science of engineering constantly and supporting our efforts and the team ran smoothly. We did not have to explain why or what we did/ We gave him percentage of completion and used him for guidance. Turn over here is getting worse, no solid structure and guidance the Department head only cares about meeting the numbers not engineering and intimidating his subordinates. Gone are the days of teams interviewing new talent, one day your working with a seasoned engineer the next he is gone and your sitting next to someone from the data entry department trying to explain the how to open a PDF file. The culture for Engineering Services department is to be a team player not an engineer or else! If your an experienced engineer this is not the place for you, if you have a friend in management and you have no experience what so ever you will get a great paying position. Great jobs, anything from an Eng 4, Staff or even manager’s position straight from a department store job with no degree or an Arts degree or experience. Management seems to think HW Engineering not science. Really!! Yes men rule the department. The new bred wants to please their boss and push projects through ready or not. If you are a current employee be careful what you say if you’re not part of “the popular kids” gang you will be targeted. Note: Do not expect ANY training other than cooperate e-mails reminding you of company policy which management fails to read and implement.

Advice to Management

No Advice to management they don't seem to listen, advice to share holders start holding someone accountable and get a season Network CEO in place of the current one.