There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

From bad to badder, Juniper has great technology and VERY bad management.

Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The money is good and benifits

Cons

Inexperienced management being hired that drives away talent. When I started I had a manager that was a joy to work for he loved the science of engineering constantly and supporting our efforts and the team ran smoothly. We did not have to explain why or what we did/ We gave him percentage of completion and used him for guidance. Turn over here is getting worse, no solid structure and guidance the Department head only cares about meeting the numbers not engineering and intimidating his subordinates. Gone are the days of teams interviewing new talent, one day your working with a seasoned engineer the next he is gone and your sitting next to someone from the data entry department trying to explain the how to open a PDF file. The culture for Engineering Services department is to be a team player not an engineer or else! If your an experienced engineer this is not the place for you, if you have a friend in management and you have no experience what so ever you will get a great paying position. Great jobs, anything from an Eng 4, Staff or even manager’s position straight from a department store job with no degree or an Arts degree or experience. Management seems to think HW Engineering not science. Really!! Yes men rule the department. The new bred wants to please their boss and push projects through ready or not. If you are a current employee be careful what you say if you’re not part of “the popular kids” gang you will be targeted. Note: Do not expect ANY training other than cooperate e-mails reminding you of company policy which management fails to read and implement.

Advice to Management

No Advice to management they don't seem to listen, advice to share holders start holding someone accountable and get a season Network CEO in place of the current one.

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

Strong technology with little direction

Former Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Juniper has a strong technical organization and culture that creates great technology and products, but not always market driven or on-time. The Juniper culture values smart technical people, however people management and skills are under-valued. Juniper's high quality products have resulted in loyal customers.

Cons

Juniper does not appreciate people skills and promotes technical strength versus business and management skill sets resulting in overall weak management and employee frustration. Juniper rarely is on the cutting edge of new products as they are internally technically and product driven, not market driven. Also, very California based company.

Advice to Management

Balance the technical culture and strengths with strong business managers who value people skills and become more market driven.

Software Engineer 1

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work and life balance is good

Cons

People are not so enthusiastic at work