Interesting place to work

Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks

Pros

Interesting Work and Smart Co-workers

Cons

Inter-group politics are a big pain

Advice to Management

Take care of employees first

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Juniper is for people that want to make a positive impact on Juniper's future

Current Employee - Staffing Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

There are many opportunities are all levels to make a positive impact on the future of Juniper. Upper management is open and encourages change that will improve product quality, delivery, internal process and customer satisfaction as well as cost savings driven by efficiencies.

Cons

In order to grow, Juniper will need to mature as an organization. People that don't like change will have to adapt as the companies grows and global processes are put into place. This is not unlike any other campany at this stage. The upside to this is that Juniper is aware of this need and is willing to make these changes. Change is hard even in the best of times.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing change to occur and keep the culture intact

Juniper: Opportunity and some craziness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Lots of opportunities to solve problems and improve processes. Lots of chnce for growth. he company wants to be the best, and there is dedication to doing a really good job. Recent reorganization provides opportunities but also means chaos. Changes sounded good but not thought through. My new group is discovering that the reality is very messy--responsibilities not clear--ownership--and we are trying to create a structure and processes for communication. It is busy and interesting--but also crazy-making and stressful. I think I am paid very well for my level.

Cons

Right now the company is going through many changes. The changes were not really all thought through. The company is trying to grow so fast, it's as if it took steroids. Too much outsourcing to India, especially of some job functions that they don't yet do very well over there. The people I work with in India are very inexperienced and undertrained, though hard-working and intelligent. Much time is wasted repeating instructions to them and holding their hands through simple tasks. It costs far more than senior management realizes.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap. Keep eye on the ball.