There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

Just be satisfied with the Pay !!

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good factor is that the company is a Good pay master but that's it..

Cons

Lack of opportunities to expand knowlede area / key focus area Management lacks direction but expects huge committment and workmanship from Employees Good Managers are around but depends on the process you are hired for.. Just cross your fingers before joining !

Advice to Management

All professionals need some direction and motivation.. Just don't wait until there is fire to douse.. Work/Life balance of employees are hampered through disorganized activities and needs attention !

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

Emperor has no clothes

Current Employee - Marketing in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new buildings look nice. On the surface it seems sparkly and high end.

Cons

1. The IT department is the worst in the industry. We lose 25% of our productivity due to IT mishaps and poor execution. The CIO is condescending and belligerent on internal social forums. I know people who have left Juniper based on how incompetent our IT support it. Everything that can be done wrong, is done wrong. 2. The leadership team has a "all for me, and me for me" philosophy. They do only what is in the best interest of themselves personally. There are 2 or 3 VPs in the company who are authentic and talented. The rest are in it as solo artists, trying to make a name for themselves and vie for the biggest budgets and raises. They say one thing and do something else. And they only do what makes each of them look good. 3. Decisions are made and changed with the wind. There is not a systematic and clear strategy. Every 9 weeks the leadership team loses it's attention span and changes the plan. Organizational ADHD. The latest org change has been a travesty. The VPs horse traded and groups were moved arbitrarily and flip flopped many times. After several months it is not working and we have emperors new clothes syndrome. Everyone has to play along.

Advice to Management

1. Get a new CIO ASAP. 2. Collapse your VP layer. They are bringing this company down. 3. Bring in a change management expert and please listen and learn.

R.I.P. Juniper Networks

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are very nice, not a lot of office politics, new campus is nice, decent food options, easy commute.

Cons

Where to begin? Somewhere between the amateur product launches, the lack of innovation in security, and the myopic view of GTM strategy, Juniper has really lost it's way. And now with a retrenchment in SDN, Security, a new CEO, an investor rebellion (actually surrender - it's amazing how much we caved after our most successful year ever), and the massive layoffs, all of the good people are voting with their feet and finding the exits. What you have left is a cadre of mediocre, long tenured "B" and "C" players who are being asked to reinvent Juniper without any consequence for their poor decisions of the past 4-5 years that have left Juniper so vulnerable. It is all pretty sad because they build aspirational products that can compete with any competitor, however they are just beyond lost when it comes to operations and executing a business strategy. My prediction - within 36 months Juniper will be sold. It did not have to be this way, but it is what it is...

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves immediately!!! Or stay the course, ride the elevator to the bottom, and collect your stock parachutes when you are bought and given a ridiculous severance package. I'm sure someone will be impressed with your experience and give you another shot!