Jupitermedia
www.webmediabrands.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Good people, uninspired management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jupitermedia

ProsOverall, the company offered excellent benefits and a quality work environment (nice offices, convenient locations, etc.). The people were probably the best benefit, since I had the opportunity to work with some very talented technologists who seemed to truely care about the quality of work they performed.

ConsDespite some stellar exceptions, there were members of senior management who were so far removed from understanding the technical areas they supervisedthat it became an obstacle to success (i.e. enforcing antiquated methodologies or having no understanding or exposure to modern practices and tools).

If your responsibility is to provide technical direction for a large part of the organization, you need to be a technologist.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand and appreciate the capabilities of your people. Hire management that understands how to mentor and grow individuals vs. seeing them as generic resources that can be easily outsourced or replaced.

Great to be on the cutting edge of the Internet -- back in 2000

Editor (Former Employee)
Darien, CT

I worked at Jupitermedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Visionary CEO who identified opportunity early and leveraged resources to be ahead of the trends. Even post-tech… Cons: Layoffs and lack of team cohesion. More

great company

I have been working at Jupitermedia

Pros: Growth in career is great Cons: low on diversity... thats all Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Jupitermedia.

Worked for Jupitermedia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jupitermedia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jupitermedia CEO Alan M. Meckler. All reviews posted anonymously by Jupitermedia employees.