There are newer employer reviews for Just Energy

Overall good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

Benefits are amazing, tuition reimbursement, bonuses, profit sharing, annual company trips, company discounts Company is publicly traded on TSX and NYSE which is great

Cons

Internal promotions are difficult and rarely come up as they prefer to hire external - generally people are unhappy but people will find everything to complain about.

Advice to Management

Recognize internal talet

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Long hours with too much time wasting on a 100% commission salary.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

Entry level positions to gain experience; potential of a great income; can take time off if you need it; team based approach to door to door sales gives support and motivation; overall good company and products;

Cons

Time wasting meetings which only on occasion are useful within the trade skills of a new employee - most of the time it is directed towards "make more money!" or "I have so much money, why don't you?" Long hours: 12-14 hour work days with a 2-3 hours of that in the morning meeting, post meeting breakfast or in transit to work territory; commissions earned will take 3-4 weeks to pay the sales agent and it will be taken back if the customer cancels within 2 months of the sale; the energy market is mature with a lot of bad experiences which can be difficult to get past to make sales.

Advice to Management

consider whether meetings are going to be worth while every morning and if the answer is "no I just feel like talking about my wealth or new house" then maybe you should just let everyone get out of the office and to work.

Fast paced and entrepreneurial

Former Employee - Quantitative Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Quantitative Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

Medium company with a small company environment. I was given a lot of responsibility as a fresh grad. Lots of growth opportunities.

Cons

Promotion of senior position is not transparent. Sometimes the communication between management and analyst level are not at a sufficient level.

Advice to Management

An area for improvement is to have a rotational program that exposé new employees to all aspects of the organization.