Just Energy

There are newer employer reviews for Just Energy

Marketing Experience

Former Employee - Indepent Contractor
Former Employee - Indepent Contractor

I worked at Just Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You meet many different people from all walks of life. The work enviornment is diverse and fun. You get experience in face to face sales. Just Energy actually trains you everday. They have fun contest. Some people actually do make thousand dollar checks. You have to practice and work hard to get that type of money. They are generous when it comes to having to take work off. Since I had just Energy on my resume even though my time was short lived, I've gotten atleast seven interviews within a matter of weeks. Just Energy makes for a good job reference on your resume.

Cons

if you're not into walking for hours in any type of weather then this might not be the job for you. You have to stay in high spirits even when you have a dog day and make no sales. This is a full time job. If you are a parent it may be difficult to spend alot of time with your family.

The people that are employed there are some of the most hard working people you'll ever meet. I suggest base pay, even if it's minimum wage plus commission. This is a hard working job and I feel that base pay is only fair and deserving. The base pay will keep employees happy and plenty coming to stay for the long run. Not having base pay easily discourages people from keeping the job. People dont mind working had but when you make no sales and go home with no money for the week you start to wonder how are you going to survive. Uniform should also be free considering the fact that people are looking for a job because they're broke. For people who first start there it may seem as though they "owe" money to the company rather than making.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Just Energy (View Most Recent)

SO SO company

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are ok
    company parties are good
    trip incentives are good
    benefits are good
    lots of parking

Cons

Employees are promoted based on favouritism not education
    Company removed paid lunches
    every year there is a realignment and people get fired
    Company is cheap. many staff did not get raises
    Once you get a shift you are stuck for life
    Hiring and firing company
    career development are just words
    favourites work less than the rest

be fair
    invest in your employees
    give the staff raises forget incentives
    get to know your employees
    acknowledge staff when you pass by stop acting intimidating
    give people a chance to move up in company and pay them for their work..

Great People!

I worked at Just Energy full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

People have to put in too many hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Just Energy