There are newer employer reviews for Just Energy

There's no compassion in this company - over worked, under paid.

Former Employee - Coordinator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Coordinator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Just Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people to work with, always lots of fun to be around.

Cons

Executives are extremely disconnected. No one cares about how hard you work, or what work you've done.

Advice to Management

Have some compassion for your staff. Listen for a change. And stop being such a scrooge.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. good

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very good, flexible working time

Cons

location is far from downtown, not very convinent

2. Marketing Experience

Former Employee - Indepent Contractor
    Former Employee - Indepent Contractor

I worked at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet many different people from all walks of life. The work enviornment is diverse and fun. You get experience in face to face sales. Just Energy actually trains you everday. They have fun contest. Some people actually do make thousand dollar checks. You have to practice and work hard to get that type of money. They are generous when it comes to having to take work off. Since I had just Energy on my resume even though my time was short lived, I've gotten atleast seven interviews within a matter of weeks. Just Energy makes for a good job reference on your resume.

Cons

if you're not into walking for hours in any type of weather then this might not be the job for you. You have to stay in high spirits even when you have a dog day and make no sales. This is a full time job. If you are a parent it may be difficult to spend alot of time with your family.

Advice to Management

The people that are employed there are some of the most hard working people you'll ever meet. I suggest base pay, even if it's minimum wage plus commission. This is a hard working job and I feel that base pay is only fair and deserving. The base pay will keep employees happy and plenty coming to stay for the long run. Not having base pay easily discourages people from keeping the job. People dont mind working had but when you make no sales and go home with no money for the week you start to wonder how are you going to survive. Uniform should also be free considering the fact that people are looking for a job because they're broke. For people who first start there it may seem as though they "owe" money to the company rather than making.