There are newer employer reviews for Justice Just for Girls

Much better now

Current Employee - Brand Representative  in  Rapid City, SD
Current Employee - Brand Representative in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls part-time for less than a year

Pros

I have a newer store manager and I really like her. She really seems to enjoy working woth our Customers and wants the store to do great. Also she has been helping me learn how tp talk to people. I was going to quit bit staued because of the new positive energy.

Cons

I dont get a lot of hours and not everyone there is ther to work they would rather gossip and try to start trouble. I guess thats how some people just are.

Dont forget to have for at work and keep the gossip out of the store.

260 Other Employee Reviews for Justice Just for Girls (View Most Recent)

You know you work for a tween-age girls store when...

Former Employee - Brand Representative  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Brand Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at Justice Just for Girls part-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed interview process, working environment
    Clean
    Flexible hours

Cons

You work with a bunch of teenage girls, they are going to act like a bunch of teenage girls - passive aggressive, unreliable, unprofessional

Work on professionalism, especially with store managers

Good Company, Fun Environment, Bad Store Leader

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Leader  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls

Pros

First and foremost it is a very fun environment (most of the time), the whole premise of the brand is encouraging impressionable tween girls to be confident and love themselves and others, which is a very positive environment to be a part of.

Meeting beautiful young girls everyday and making them feel special is very fulfilling especially when you can help them realize that they really are beautiful! Luckily that is the main focus in whatever your position is.

The basic benefits are fairly decent, various health care options which can be customized as well as dental & vision options. Life insurance and 401 (k)s available. Paid time off is earned based on hours worked for full-time employees with the standard paid holidays.

They are constantly working on improving how the company and individual stores are run; implementing various systems for increased efficiency in all facets of the business.

Scheduling is pretty flexible because the company strongly promotes a balanced work and home life.

Cons

The biggest downfall is the pay. The compensation is much lower than most other companies unless you have an insane amount of years in retail.

Promotions seem to come down to who you know and who you are friends with rather than who is actually the most capable and best suited for the position.

Hard work is under appreciated. There is a huge disconnect between rules and guidelines enforced for some people and the rules and guidelines that are over looked for others. Double standards unfortunately often come into play.

The lines tend to get blurred when the management team hangs out with the the rest of the staff outside of work in a party atmosphere.

You do not have to be mean to get results. The young girls you hire to be your Brand Reps do not need you to scare them into doing their job. Be Nice!

Show some respect for the people who are helping you run your team. Don't expect them to do YOUR job with zero thanks.

Promotions shouldn't just be for your drinking buddies. In fact its probably not a great idea hire a bunch of your friends.

*Advice to Corporate* When many of your managers have to have second jobs just to pay their bills you really need to take a hard look at your compensation packages.

There are newer employer reviews for Justice Just for Girls

Worked for Justice Just for Girls? Contribute to the Community!