There are newer employer reviews for Justice Resource Institute

Un poste de débutant exigeant Challenging entry-level position

(Translated from English)

Pros

Excellent environnement de travail marqué par l'esprit d'équipe. Les filles, le personnel soignant et le personnel résident de la Walden Street School sont tellement dynamiques et enthousiastes qu'ils le communiquent. Vous en apprendrez beaucoup sur les a

Great team-oriented work environment. The girls, clinical staff, and residential staff at the Walden Street School are so dynamic and their enthusiasm is contageous. You will learn a LOT about trauma-informed approaches.

Cons

L'environnement de travail est souvent stressant, dangereux et épuisant. Cependant il y a un important système de suivi des responsables qui offrent une excellente formation.

The working environment is often stressful, hazardous, and exhausting. However, there is a strong support system of supervisors who provide excellent training.

Advice to Management

Je conseillerais d'entretenir de meilleurs rapports entre les employés qui possèdent plusieurs années d'expérience et ceux récemment embauchés afin de diminuer les taux d'épuisement et de renouvellement du personnel.

I would recommend fostering better connections between employees with several years of experience, and those who are recent hires, to decrease the high turnover and burnout rates.

Other Employee Reviews for Justice Resource Institute

1. Great Non-profit

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Justice Resource Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

strong leadership, opportunities for growth within the company, well-respected in the community, work/life balance, benefits (insurance, vacation, etc.)

Cons

pay is less than what you get in other fields at similar level, but to be expected in a non-profit. High staff turnover

Advice to Management

Focusing on greater staff development and incentivizing people to stay, especially at residential programs

SWCE - Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thompson, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thompson, CT

I have been working at Justice Resource Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked here for a couple years now and feel like I'm learning every day. I love the time I spend with the kids and feel very rewarded. I've gotten a lot of training, and feel like my supervisors are invested in my professional development. Compensation has gone up every year that I've been here, and the benefits overall are excellent. No one else I know in the field has benefits that come close. It is true what JRI says about this being a career - for people who are professional and here for the right reasons, you will go far. Lots of promotion from within. It is a fun work environment where you can grow for years. Unfortunately, this career path is not for everyone, and some people are not a good fit. There has been a lot of change here over the past couple years, for the better in my opinion, but some people struggle with change and being held accountable, which can prompt people to want to leave.

Cons

SWCE has grown quite a bit, and more students means more difficult issues to deal with each day. The kids seem to get more behaviorally challenging every year. Somewhat high staff turnover, but not always bad if people are choosing to find careers that are better for them.

Advice to Management

Try to get people to trainings equally Less overtime and mandatory stays - unfortunately there are repeat offenders on calling out and others often have to cover Thank you for focusing on our growth, getting people back to school, and paying us fairly for this field!