K-Designers
www.k-designers.com Gold River, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Great idea - poorly executed.

Marketing Director (Former Employee)
West Valley City, UT

I worked at K-Designers

ProsThey are the first in-home home improvement company that followed through with what they tell their customers they will do.

Cons1. Bizarre compensation program - tiered so that the more volume you generate, the more they pay you. Problem is that it isn't any easier/harder the more you do.
2. Bizarre appointment sets. Less than 20% of the appointments they set did the homeowner truly agree to the appointment. Usually they committed just to get the telemarketers off the phone.
3. Bizarre ledger process. Reminded me of the "company store" setups that I learned about in high school. They make sure that anything they can charge their reps for, they do.
4. Pricing to client is significantly higher than competition. Their products and service are great, but I don't know that they are 30% better than their competition.
5. Initially I liked the sales approach as a Marketing Director. Unfortunately, the way the sales process is set up the rep quickly goes from being a marketing director to either pushy salesman or begging salesman. I ended up feeling like the stereotypical sales character in the Simpsons.

Advice to Senior Management1. Simplify
2. Fully support the Marketing Director concept or drop it.

Incredible Sales Training

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at K-Designers full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great income opportunity & outstanding Training. The company has been in business for over 34 years. The owner is still passionate about the business, involved… Cons: It's not easy, the training helps but you've got to apply what's taught and build your skills. In time the income can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Outstanding Sales Training, Leads & Compensation

I have been working at K-Designers full-time

Pros: K-Designers offers a pretty incredible opportunity for sales people who are currently in, or looking to enter, the Home Improvement Industry. They provide high quality… Cons: Sales in the Home Improvement Industry can be challenging -- it may take a person a little time to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on K-Designers.

Worked for K-Designers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K-Designers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for K-Designers CEO Larry Judson. All reviews posted anonymously by K-Designers employees.