K. Hovnanian Homes

www.khov.com
  www.khov.com
There are newer employer reviews for K. Hovnanian Homes

Depends on where you live...

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at K. Hovnanian Homes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working as a sales consultant in Houston,TX was a wonderful experience. The market in Texas is steady, Texans are laid back so it was not stressful, and the managers apreciated the work we did. Of course, every manager is differet... My day as a sales cosultant started around 10am usually. Four to five hours in the model home could be spent napping given the number of people that come in on a weekday morning. I usually spent this time doing reports, follow-ups, marketing busy-work, or gossiping on the phone. When clients came in, put on your game face and sell! The only issue with this job is working Sundays until 6pm. I think work/life balance in the US is a joke period and this industry is a great example of that. However, the pay was great and the stress was low. A wonderful place to work if you do not have young children. Pros:
Beautiful environment
Great pay
Lots of vacation time

Cons

There is really no chance of upward moility for sales people. Most make their money and move on, very few ever get to management or corporate positions.

Appreciate that everyone has a family! It is a waste of money and bad business to keep sales people in an empty office on Sunday night.

42 Other Employee Reviews for K. Hovnanian Homes (View Most Recent)

Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at K. Hovnanian Homes (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with. Nice Weekly breakfast.

Cons

Input not always wanted, or asked for when it should be.

Take the time to get feedback.

The most stressful experience of my life

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at K. Hovnanian Homes

Pros

This job was 100% commision however if you worked 12 - 18 hour days you could make $150,000.

Cons

Management did not understand that we have personal lives. I took calls on Christmas, calls while at a funeral. I was constantly tethered to a company provided blackberry that my kids would hide from me because it was so imposing. Management was condescending and unappreciative of the hours we put in and would always back the customer or homebuilder rather than the employee. Expectations were unrealistic and caused many employees at the time to go on meds just to cope with the job.

I hope the Sr. Management in the Mesa office has been terminated by now.

There are newer employer reviews for K. Hovnanian Homes