K & N Management
www.knmanagement.com Austin, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Great company to work for, unfortunately food service is not for me.

Country Store Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsMalcolm Baldrige Award winner in Small Business Category, 2010
Competitive salary for entry-level food service positions
Generally a fun atmosphere to work in, depending on the managers you have

ConsNo tips
One 15 minute break during a 9-hour shift (I am certain this is not how the corporate office is run)
Other entry-level food service employees tend to be potheads, drink a lot, gossip, be irresponsible, etc. This was ultimately why I left. I used to look forward to going to work, and eventually, the other people I was having to spend the bulk of my time with really dragged me down and caused work to be a negative environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider drug testing to discourage drug use. Other peoples' drug use had the biggest negative impact on my working experience and precipitated my decision to leave. I am certain that the corporate office is an amazing work environment -- it is too bad that my experience in an entry-level position did not compare to it. Once I finished school, I seriously considered applying for a position in the corporate office, but ultimately decided to go in another direction.

Another day, another burger.

Back of House (Former Employee)

I worked at K & N Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You come to work for K&N Management at any of their Mighty Fine Burgers locations because you hear about the wonderful… Cons: The way K&N tends to select their managing staff by just going down the ladder and getting the next closest person to take the job.… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to how managers are hired Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Solid first job

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at K & N Management part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great starting pay, friendly coworkers, lots of opportunities for increased… Cons: Very pushy about donating large amounts to whatever cause they're currently supporting,… Advice to Senior Management: Lay off the push for donations. Your employees, though well paid for a service… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on K & N Management.

Worked for K & N Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K & N Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for K & N Management CEO Thomas Schiller. All reviews posted anonymously by K & N Management employees.