K12

www.k12.com
There are newer employer reviews for K12

Amazing That This Company is Still in Business

I have been working at K12

Pros

- Great place to hide in a bad economy.
- Great location along the Dulles toll road, very close to local restaurants.
- Great place to learn what NOT TO DO in a corporate environment.

Cons

- Most of the truly creative and innovative team members have left the company years ago leaving behind a group of really hard workers that tend to work in circles.They work hard but they have become zombies still clinging onto ideas from when Clinton was President.

- Totally disconnected senior management team. I mean listen Motley Fool, do your homework on these people before you write your next glowing review. There have been no corporate goals shared with the rank and file for well over five years. Basic communication regarding annual reviews, hiring processes, and financials is totally nonexistent at this company. There are close to a dozen information "portals" where team members are supposed to find information and most all of them conflict and are hopelessly out of date.

- Probably the most dysfunctional management team ever assembled under one logo.

- Quality of lessons has taken a huge downturn as the marketing team does a bait and switch with customers. The lessons they showed me in the interview are NOT the ones we are making today.

- Ancient technology. I really don't mind working on Windows XP, however, I do mind that the impossible deadline given to me is relying on servers that go down daily. That is not an exaggeration, it happens daily.

It's hard to work for a company where corporate executives cash out millions of dollars in stock and I am forced to work yet again tonight past 8 PM because they continue to go cheap on the technology. Ah yes, another 12 hour day coming up, at least I am close to the toll road.

Please read the reviews posted within this site. There is a wealth of information here and team members want to believe in the mission statement that the marketing department wrote up several years ago. These people once believed in you. Ignore it, and you'll find yourselves acquired in the very near future.

195 Other Employee Reviews for K12 (View Most Recent)

Great place for the new innovation in learning.

I have been working at K12

Pros

Flexible Work Hours to a Certain Extent

Cons

Management is not visionary and should be.

Be a leader.

Sweat Shop - Long Hours - No Career Growth

I have been working at K12

Pros

Pros: The company mission is the only pro.

Cons

Blame game, long hours, low pay, low morale, no career growth! Management only cares about the bottom line. Employees are undervalued, overworked and underpaid. You will be burnt out within a few weeks. Turnover is extremely high!

Value your employees, create some form of career path/ladder. Communicate, communicate, communicate or continue to loose good people.

There are newer employer reviews for K12