K12
www.k12.com Herndon, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Amazing That This Company is Still in Business

Pros- Great place to hide in a bad economy.
- Great location along the Dulles toll road, very close to local restaurants.
- Great place to learn what NOT TO DO in a corporate environment.

Cons- Most of the truly creative and innovative team members have left the company years ago leaving behind a group of really hard workers that tend to work in circles.They work hard but they have become zombies still clinging onto ideas from when Clinton was President.

- Totally disconnected senior management team. I mean listen Motley Fool, do your homework on these people before you write your next glowing review. There have been no corporate goals shared with the rank and file for well over five years. Basic communication regarding annual reviews, hiring processes, and financials is totally nonexistent at this company. There are close to a dozen information "portals" where team members are supposed to find information and most all of them conflict and are hopelessly out of date.

- Probably the most dysfunctional management team ever assembled under one logo.

- Quality of lessons has taken a huge downturn as the marketing team does a bait and switch with customers. The lessons they showed me in the interview are NOT the ones we are making today.

- Ancient technology. I really don't mind working on Windows XP, however, I do mind that the impossible deadline given to me is relying on servers that go down daily. That is not an exaggeration, it happens daily.

It's hard to work for a company where corporate executives cash out millions of dollars in stock and I am forced to work yet again tonight past 8 PM because they continue to go cheap on the technology. Ah yes, another 12 hour day coming up, at least I am close to the toll road.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease read the reviews posted within this site. There is a wealth of information here and team members want to believe in the mission statement that the marketing department wrote up several years ago. These people once believed in you. Ignore it, and you'll find yourselves acquired in the very near future.

Great place for the new innovation in learning.

I have been working at K12

Pros: Flexible Work Hours to a Certain Extent Cons: Management is not visionary and should be. Advice to Senior Management: Be a leader. More

Sweat Shop - Long Hours - No Career Growth

I have been working at K12

Pros: Pros: The company mission is the only pro. Cons: Blame game, long hours, low pay, low morale, no career growth! Management only cares about the bottom line. … Advice to Senior Management: Value your employees, create some form of career path/ladder. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on K12.

Worked for K12? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K12 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for K12 CEO Nate Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by K12 employees.