There are newer employer reviews for K12

The Pay is Terrible....If you are doing this for the love of teaching fine...as long as it isn't for $$$

Current Employee - Public School Elementary Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Public School Elementary Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at K12 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility...you can not beat it, especially if you are part time. Excellent use of technology and curriculum Ability to really connect with students and families and make a positive impact on their educational success

Cons

Ridiculously low salary for the work load Terrible Executive Staff Little to no training and support Mis-represented what the growth potential was in the company. There is none.

Advice to Management

Pay themselves less and teachers more. Do opinion audits and actually implement changes suggested Be honest about everything with new hires

Other Employee Reviews for K12

a huge disappointment

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at K12 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

K12 offers a great schooling option for families with an awesome end product having lots of bells and whistles.

Cons

K12 has poorly defined work expectations, no work/life balance offered, way too many hours expected of "non-exempt" employees, and no clear path for career growth. Yearly job reviews were rarely completed and increases/bonuses were all subjective.

Advice to Management

Honestly rethink how you treat all employees. Take a good look at how current employees are vetted for promotions. The field has many great candidates.

I love my job, my co-works, my boss, and my students!!

Current Employee - Middle School Teacher in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Middle School Teacher in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at K12 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home. The company and administration truly respects your personal time and family life. Everyone is positive and supportive and even though it is a HUGE company, the teams are small enough that you still have a family-type feeling.

Cons

None really, but there are a lot of changes so if you don't like that it might be something to consider.

Advice to Management

Keep respecting and valuing your employees. It shows and we appreciate it!