There are newer employer reviews for K12

Management is a total mess.

Current Employee - National Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at K12 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are pretty cool. Pay is pretty decent too.

Cons

There are far too many growing pains for a company supposedly established and a leader in the marketplace. Management doesn't communicate well. They don't exactly lead either. They push good people out with their poor choices.

Stop acting like a start up. Get your house in order. Stop chasing money and build a brand.

170 Other Employee Reviews for K12 (View Most Recent)

Dishonest

Former Employee - Personal Admissions Liaison  in  Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Personal Admissions Liaison in Herndon, VA

I worked at K12 as a contractor

Pros

The only pros to this company is that it was a job for the time that I was employed. It kept food on the table and clothes on my children's back.

Cons

I was actually only a temp at K12 but was told the entire time that I was working towards a bonus. K12 employed over 75 temps (at least) during the summer months and this is what was told to all of temps and FT employees. I was employed in the summer of 2011 but am still friends with someone that I worked with while being employed at K12, who was just laid off in 10/2012. What they did not tell the temps was if you were laid off after making the bonus but before bonus was awarded, that you would not receive this bonus. Now I'm not talking about being fired, I'm talking about being laid off due to lack of work, which is something temps expect. But what you don't expect being a temp, is when you're promised something especially money or a check by a company that you worked for to break that promise, especially a company that just laid you off, knowing there's absolutely no jobs out there. Now my friend has been told the exact same thing. How dishonest can you be as a company.

Just tell the truth to your employees. It's much easier for everyone. Less stress and you're going to lie to the wrong person one day.

Work Culture

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Herndon, VA

I have been working at K12 as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Awesome work culture. People are very supportive and they give the space to bring out ideas of your own also. They understand their employees and their needs.

Cons

I don't see any :)

They are doing a awesome job

There are newer employer reviews for K12

Worked for K12? Contribute to the Community!