There are newer employer reviews for K12

Lots of growth potential...management is average.

Current Employee - National Account Manager
Current Employee - National Account Manager

I have been working at K12 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits and lots of solutions for clients

Cons

Too much competition in the market who sell on price. Lots of organizational struggles with company growth

Other Employee Reviews for K12

Run. Run as fast as you can. Away.

I worked at K12 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional product. Teachers, on the whole, are wonderful

Cons

Poor, ego-centric management. No leadership, just managers.

Advice to Management

Take some training.

A sinking ship in an ocean of confusion where the life have been seized by unprofessional, colorless sycophants.

I worked at K12 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was competitive. They were flexible about hours if you had a long commute (I could arrive earlier than most and leave earlier as well) and flex days telecommuting from home. Nice kitchen area and Starbucks coffee.

Cons

There seemed to be absolutely no one in charge of my department. There was ZERO training and orientation to the software. There seemed to be a constant stream of meetings that really seemed to be nothing more than ego boosting sessions overrun by a handful of self-important programers in small rooms where you had to fight for a chair lest you stand for the entire meeting or sit on the floor. I personally experienced on several occasions, the frustrating act of arriving for meetings that had been canceled at the last minute without anyone having notified me because I "was the new guy". I began well - I was lured to them by great promises. Once on board, I realized quickly that the dream work environment was actually a nightmare of miscommunication, power struggles, ego stroking, and false promises. I was there for only one month and it was one of the worst work experiences of my professional career. I was dismissed by a phone call from the hiring firm that placed me without one word from management or anyone connected to the company. Not. One. Word. I received a message from the company via the placement firm informing me hat even though they liked me personally and they very much liked the work that I had created for them, that they realized that they had made a mistake in the job description for the position that what I was hired for in the first place and that I no longer fit into the new plan. More or less - it was a case of "we thought we wanted someone with your skill set, but we were wrong - now get out. It was wildly humiliating and I certainly deserved more than such unprofessional and shabby treatment.

Advice to Management

Make sure that there is an active orientation program for new employees in place. Or at least - make some effort to introduce new employees to the team that they are to be working on rather than making them feel as if they have to run along besides a speeding train so as to take a blind leap into a passing car.