K12

Dishonest

Former Employee - Personal Admissions Liaison in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Personal Admissions Liaison in Herndon, VA

I worked at K12 as a contractor

Pros

The only pros to this company is that it was a job for the time that I was employed. It kept food on the table and clothes on my children's back.

Cons

I was actually only a temp at K12 but was told the entire time that I was working towards a bonus. K12 employed over 75 temps (at least) during the summer months and this is what was told to all of temps and FT employees. I was employed in the summer of 2011 but am still friends with someone that I worked with while being employed at K12, who was just laid off in 10/2012. What they did not tell the temps was if you were laid off after making the bonus but before bonus was awarded, that you would not receive this bonus. Now I'm not talking about being fired, I'm talking about being laid off due to lack of work, which is something temps expect. But what you don't expect being a temp, is when you're promised something especially money or a check by a company that you worked for to break that promise, especially a company that just laid you off, knowing there's absolutely no jobs out there. Now my friend has been told the exact same thing. How dishonest can you be as a company.

Just tell the truth to your employees. It's much easier for everyone. Less stress and you're going to lie to the wrong person one day.

188 Other Employee Reviews for K12 (View Most Recent)

Work Culture

Current Employee - Recruiter in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Herndon, VA

I have been working at K12 as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome work culture. People are very supportive and they give the space to bring out ideas of your own also. They understand their employees and their needs.

Cons

I don't see any :)

They are doing a awesome job

Fantastic company to work for

Current Employee - Teacher in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at K12 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, positive work environment, excellence in curriculum, good communication between teachers and students

Cons

low salaries and long hours

increase teacher salaries to reflect state teachers salaries

There are newer employer reviews for K12