K12

www.k12.com

K12 teacher

Current Employee - Teacher
Current Employee - Teacher

Pros

a job with pay ($40,000ish)

Cons

You are being treated as dirt due to a lack of teacher unions. I have about 300 students and I am supposed to help all of them pass my class. More than half of my job is not about teaching, but about how to trick the state to give K12 more money, so the CEOs will get more pay. It never trickled down to employees who are doing the dirty work.

Treat teachers with respect. Don't give us non-teaching tasks. Give us some benefit that normal companies would give. Improve health insurance. Give us tuition reimbursement. Basically, take some money from the company's benefit and let employees have some.

Other reviews for K12

Lots of room to grow

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

Pros

General atmosphere is that of a school with emphasis on mutual encouragement and acceptance of individual talents as well as qwirks.

Cons

Too many systems built by too many competing internal interests who are techies and not really familiar with how an online school operaties. Acquired schools take a back seat to legacy schools in the K12 family with regard to allocation of resources reducing the quality of the acquired brands.Too soon to tell if the long range strategies will ultimately be successful.

Make the trip toward enterprise standardization more quickly; one possible reason for lagging enrollment numbers suggest growing pains are increasingly intolerable to our customer families.

Run. Run as fast as you can. Away.

Pros

Exceptional product. Teachers, on the whole, are wonderful

Cons

Poor, ego-centric management. No leadership, just managers.

Take some training.

There are newer employer reviews for K12.

Worked for K12? Contribute to the Community!