Not the best company for Entry/Mid Level

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at K12 as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff and flexible hours

Cons

Lack of communication, absolutely no work for a junior, completely unorganized!!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for K12

K12 teacher

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at K12 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a job with pay ($40,000ish)

Cons

You are being treated as dirt due to a lack of teacher unions. I have about 300 students and I am supposed to help all of them pass my class. More than half of my job is not about teaching, but about how to trick the state to give K12 more money, so the CEOs will get more pay. It never trickled down to employees who are doing the dirty work.

Advice to Management

Treat teachers with respect. Don't give us non-teaching tasks. Give us some benefit that normal companies would give. Improve health insurance. Give us tuition reimbursement. Basically, take some money from the company's benefit and let employees have some.

Lots of room to grow

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at K12 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

General atmosphere is that of a school with emphasis on mutual encouragement and acceptance of individual talents as well as qwirks.

Cons

Too many systems built by too many competing internal interests who are techies and not really familiar with how an online school operaties. Acquired schools take a back seat to legacy schools in the K12 family with regard to allocation of resources reducing the quality of the acquired brands.Too soon to tell if the long range strategies will ultimately be successful.

Advice to Management

Make the trip toward enterprise standardization more quickly; one possible reason for lagging enrollment numbers suggest growing pains are increasingly intolerable to our customer families.