KAG West

Love this job

Current Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at KAG West

Pros

Every day is different never know where you will go.Enjoy the people around me.When there is work there is more money to be made.Best paying job for me.Trucks washed weekly wich is nice.Looking at other tankers we have the best looking fleet by far.

Cons

When works slows down they tend to park you about every two weeks or so

Keep up the great job,and maybe you should visit the west coast terminals and meet some of your drivers.

8 Other Employee Reviews for KAG West (View Most Recent)

MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

Former Employee - Former Driver in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Former Driver in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at KAG West

Pros

None anymore. It used to be a great place to spend a decade or two.

Cons

I worked at this company for a long tme, and like many others, had to leave when it became obvious that more than the name of "Beneto" had left. The work just went away and never came back, yet the other petroleum hauler that parks at this facility always seems to be busy. Something smells for sure. The new owner (Kenan Advantage Group) doesn't seem to be interested in drumming up new business. Frontline management used to be drawn from experienced line employees that know what goes on out in the field, but no longer.

If they have not noticed by now, I doubt I could say anything that would matter.

A real diamond in the rough

Current Employee - Driver in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at KAG West

Pros

Pay and benefits are comparable with the industry leaders in the petroleum hauling business. Several termials allow for transfers. Owned by a national company (Kenan Advantage Group of Canton Ohio). Company goes to pretty decent lengths to keep you busy, but sometimes that means extended time away from your home terminal to one that needs help. Good equipment with a great maintenance schedule. Very safety oriented company.

Cons

Owned by a national company - read that as "investors". KAG West's GM is a really decent fellow, but he eventually has to dance to the tune of the big owners. When the company was owned by Steve Beneto, it was understood that sometimes you have to lose money in the short term to make a lot in the long term. The investors owing this place will cut off a money loser in a shot - even if it cuts the nose right off their face. Bakersfield went from 20+ trucks and 50 drivers, to around 5 trucks and 15 drivers since Kenan took over. Not all of that is Kenans fault, but they seem to have surrendered this areas markets to their competetors. Dispatch is located 130 miles from this area, and they seemingly don't care. Many potential customers choose other carriers simply because other carriers will answer their phone. Several managers have zero experience or field knowledge or the petroleum delivery business. Little indvidual recognition for a job well-done.

Promote people who know the nuts and bolt, sweat and filth end of the business if possible. Expand the Long Beach dispatch office to include people who know the areas that are not currently being adequately serviced - this is a snap in the work-at-home age. There needs for be more recognition for the jobs well done in the little things. Nothing fancy - just a "Pat On The Back" award or something to show that somebody is paying attention when things go right.

There are newer employer reviews for KAG West