There are newer employer reviews for KAG West

Treated like dogs...

Former Employee - Driver/Trainer  in  Martinez, CA
Former Employee - Driver/Trainer in Martinez, CA

I worked at KAG West

Pros

If you need a paycheck would be the only reason to work here.

Cons

This company has a lot of Cons. Management should be ashamed of the way they treat the drivers. They think of you as a number not a person. When it comes time to get a vacation, there are not enough spots to allow drivers to get time off. They offer no sick leave. If you do call in sick the dispatchers will retaliate against you by parking you. I called in sick one this one time in about two years and was told if I didn't come in I would be parked a few more days. You can not get the time off if you need to attend personal business, or in family emergencies. If you work a holiday you get pay. If your shift is off on a holiday you DO NOT get the pay, even CHRISTMAS!!! You have no choice to work over time. If you refuse to work over 12 hours they park you. Drivers put in extra hours a day without pay. You are expected to do your pre-trip, paper work and even clean the truck on your own time. Drivers are not allowed to take a break. I should say a paid break. If you work over 12 hours you still don't get a paid break. There is no overtime pay. Everything is strait time. There are a lot of other fuel companies to work for. STAY AWAY from KAG West!!!

Start treating driver like people. Drivers are people!!! Give them the vacation time they have earned. Mr. Nash takes a vacation, I'm sure. Why cant driver have a paid break? If you hae to use the rest room you don't get paid.

7 Other Employee Reviews for KAG West (View Most Recent)

Love this job

Current Employee - Driver  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at KAG West

Pros

Every day is different never know where you will go.Enjoy the people around me.When there is work there is more money to be made.Best paying job for me.Trucks washed weekly wich is nice.Looking at other tankers we have the best looking fleet by far.

Cons

When works slows down they tend to park you about every two weeks or so

Keep up the great job,and maybe you should visit the west coast terminals and meet some of your drivers.

MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

Former Employee - Former Driver  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Former Driver in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at KAG West

Pros

None anymore. It used to be a great place to spend a decade or two.

Cons

I worked at this company for a long tme, and like many others, had to leave when it became obvious that more than the name of "Beneto" had left. The work just went away and never came back, yet the other petroleum hauler that parks at this facility always seems to be busy. Something smells for sure. The new owner (Kenan Advantage Group) doesn't seem to be interested in drumming up new business. Frontline management used to be drawn from experienced line employees that know what goes on out in the field, but no longer.

If they have not noticed by now, I doubt I could say anything that would matter.

There are newer employer reviews for KAG West

Worked for KAG West? Contribute to the Community!