KAG West

www.kagwest.com
  www.kagwest.com
There are newer employer reviews for KAG West

Great Company to work for; employee-oriented

Former Employee - Tanker Truck Driver in West Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Tanker Truck Driver in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at KAG West

Pros

Flexible schedule, great pay. Management is responsive and interactive with all employees. Great bonus incentives. Close knit work group, most have been there for over 10 yrs.

Cons

There's not alot of bad to say about KAG West, but I guess the one thing would be that their headquarters in OH micromanages company too much.

Less micro-managing, more latitude for employees to demonstrate their own competency when completing a task. Understand unforeseen obstacles preventing a timely delivery.

8 Other Employee Reviews for KAG West (View Most Recent)

Treated like dogs...

Former Employee - Driver/Trainer in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Driver/Trainer in Martinez, CA

I worked at KAG West

Pros

If you need a paycheck would be the only reason to work here.

Cons

This company has a lot of Cons. Management should be ashamed of the way they treat the drivers. They think of you as a number not a person. When it comes time to get a vacation, there are not enough spots to allow drivers to get time off. They offer no sick leave. If you do call in sick the dispatchers will retaliate against you by parking you. I called in sick one this one time in about two years and was told if I didn't come in I would be parked a few more days. You can not get the time off if you need to attend personal business, or in family emergencies. If you work a holiday you get pay. If your shift is off on a holiday you DO NOT get the pay, even CHRISTMAS!!! You have no choice to work over time. If you refuse to work over 12 hours they park you. Drivers put in extra hours a day without pay. You are expected to do your pre-trip, paper work and even clean the truck on your own time. Drivers are not allowed to take a break. I should say a paid break. If you work over 12 hours you still don't get a paid break. There is no overtime pay. Everything is strait time. There are a lot of other fuel companies to work for. STAY AWAY from KAG West!!!

Start treating driver like people. Drivers are people!!! Give them the vacation time they have earned. Mr. Nash takes a vacation, I'm sure. Why cant driver have a paid break? If you hae to use the rest room you don't get paid.

Love this job

Current Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at KAG West

Pros

Every day is different never know where you will go.Enjoy the people around me.When there is work there is more money to be made.Best paying job for me.Trucks washed weekly wich is nice.Looking at other tankers we have the best looking fleet by far.

Cons

When works slows down they tend to park you about every two weeks or so

Keep up the great job,and maybe you should visit the west coast terminals and meet some of your drivers.

There are newer employer reviews for KAG West