KB Home

www.kbhome.com
  www.kbhome.com
There are newer employer reviews for KB Home

Greatly enjoyed my time there but not a good place for now.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at KB Home

Pros

There are few jobs where you can enjoy as much freedom and make the same money that do not involve any sales. I found this job right after college. It was easy to get and very easy to do. My main duties consisted of maintaining relationships with people who bought houses and repairing them if the had any issues. The great part was that I worked completely in the field, I was only in an office about once per week and hardly ever had to answer to my boss.

Cons

Right now the housing industry is not a good place to be.

None

71 Other Employee Reviews for KB Home (View Most Recent)

KB Home great company but needs help in Atlanta Market

Former Employee - New Home Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at KB Home

Pros

KB Home has a very good track record in business and manages the company well. They provide incentives to sell, vacations and CASH as a way to motivate. The on job training was absolutely fabulous when I began with the company. Plenty of role playing and continuous on line classes to stay on top of the game in the business. They continuously involved the agents with realtors and rewards to draw them into the communities.

Cons

The Atlanta market had many changes in the past couple years. They opened communities for sales agents and without telling them of what is to come, closes them down. The agent is left to inform the buyers of the changes. They have long hours with sales promotion weekends beginning from 10am-midnight, expect to stay. Movement of agents just when you start to sell, move you to another community. Which removes you from a large portion of the commission. Safety, was never top priority. Security systems that were not paid for, to save costs.

Senior management changed many times. Training went from a month long training from community to community. Now, training is passed between agents to train others. Management extreme cut backs of office help. President of Atlanta market favored people and did not treat people fairly. Respect of all the hard work was not provided, expectations were illegal at times.

Good company. Great place to start a career.

Former Employee - IT in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - IT in Charleston, SC

I worked at KB Home

Pros

Good company that is ahead of its competition. Great internship opportunities with a welcoming environment. KB Home takes good care of its employees. Company is in good position to ride out this rough economic situation. Is not in any eminent danger of closing operations.

KB Home pays interns well and offers mileage reimbursement for company business.

Cons

Homebuilder industry is in a major slump. Office environment has a certain level of fear. People are afraid of losing their job. Industry will not be ready for growth for over a year. Company is downsizing and coming off a hangover from the early 2000's real estate 'glory days'

Stick in there