KB Home
www.kbhome.com Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overall, a decent place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at KB Home

ProsLots of opportunities to learn and gain new skills. Pretty flexible schedules and telecommuting options. Employee discounts with some suppliers. Most co-workers are friendly and competent. Some interesting product developments and partnerships (e.g. Martha Stewart, green/ solar homes, etc)

ConsVery archaic HR policies. IT systems don't "talk" to each other, so it can be difficult/ time consuming to get to information you need. Economic downturn has resulted in the loss of a lot of the little perks. "Training" modules online that are either irrelevant or so obvious that you wonder why anyone needs to be "trained" on it. Hiring process can be lengthy, with a series of tests.

Advice to Senior ManagementBank of time off days that could be used at employees' discretion. Stock options for lower level employees. Better IT systems that "talk" to each other.

Great Opportunity if the market holds up

New Home Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at KB Home

Pros: Fantastic opportunity to make great money if the housing community… Cons: Base salary is very low and makes starting out very… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great people

Acquisition Associate (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at KB Home

Pros: This company articulated a business strategy and executed the strategy.… Cons: The career path can be unpredictable given the nature of the single-family home… Advice to Senior Management: One thing missing from KB Home is alumni relations. There is no effort on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on KB Home.

Worked for KB Home? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KB Home reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KB Home CEO Jeff Mezger. All reviews posted anonymously by KB Home employees.