If you did not work on your own in a neighborhood with cool workmates working for KB Raleigh sucked.

Former Employee - Superintendent  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Superintendent in Raleigh, NC

I worked at KB Home

Pros

Money was good. As a field superintendent you have lots and lots of freedom.

Cons

Pressure. They have BS standards of not closing a home unless it is 100% complete. If you find a nick in a cabinet at the final walk through you are not supposed to close the home..... totally stupid.. You have to ask the homeowner not to say anything about the issue. If they don't agree then they can't close... Stupid. Housing markets are very bad right now. 90% of emplyees laid off. Raleigh is now under completely new management..

Make monthly CSI realistic. You want "fake" numbers. You want us to beg for the 10 even when the homeowner is not completely satisfied. This is very misleading and our yearly scores reflect that. We don't want honest feedback from the homeowners. 100% complete is a great standard and the only standard there should be but we are not robots and do not live in a perfect world.. Frequently minor issues will be found at the final walk through. In fact they always will if the home buyer starts to look. Need a realistic policy other then trying to get the home owner to sign off with the threat of not closing.

Other Reviews for KB Home

Good company overall, but do your research before you take a job there.

Former Employee - Superintendent  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Raleigh, NC

I worked at KB Home

Pros

KB Home as a company is one of the best builders in the business as far as it's organization is concerned on a corporate level. Education is very important and is pushed by management.

Cons

The Raleigh division unfortunately was vary disorganized at the local level. We built a lot of houses and did some good work but management and leadership was very much lacking. The right face was usually put out in front publicly, but it wasn't backed up internally.

Not much since most have been fired or layed off!!

If you are going to work for this company, beware of your supervisors.

Current Employee - Warranty Representative
    Current Employee - Warranty Representative

I have been working at KB Home

Pros

The benefits were about the only good thing about this company. If they followed through with all the promises they make, there would be a lot to say here. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Cons

dishonest policies and management, unrealistic expectations, lack of support when needed....i could go on for days

maybe McDonalds would be a better place for you

There are newer employer reviews for KB Home.

Worked for KB Home? Contribute to the Community!