KB Home

Only if you are single

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at KB Home

Pros

Opportunity, creative talent, and industry reputation

Cons

Employee treatment, compensation not as competitive as industry standards, and poor communication

More feedback opportunities for subordinates and management; retention numbers dictate that it is broken

71 Other Employee Reviews for KB Home (View Most Recent)

Beware before saying yes...ask questions and get answers before you're in.

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Lancaster, CA

I worked at KB Home

Pros

There are some very small rewards but the cons outweigh the pros

Cons

Lots, forget about your family life, KB will be your life. Favoritism, lack of respect for its sales force. Promotes an unhealthy working environment amongst sales partners.

Listen to your sales people, take them seriously, show respect, consideration and true appreciation. Cut the favoritism and the back stabbing, be honest with them and adequate compensation for hard work and show loyalty to your people.

If you did not work on your own in a neighborhood with cool workmates working for KB Raleigh sucked.

Former Employee - Superintendent in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Raleigh, NC

I worked at KB Home

Pros

Money was good. As a field superintendent you have lots and lots of freedom.

Cons

Pressure. They have BS standards of not closing a home unless it is 100% complete. If you find a nick in a cabinet at the final walk through you are not supposed to close the home..... totally stupid.. You have to ask the homeowner not to say anything about the issue. If they don't agree then they can't close... Stupid. Housing markets are very bad right now. 90% of emplyees laid off. Raleigh is now under completely new management..

Make monthly CSI realistic. You want "fake" numbers. You want us to beg for the 10 even when the homeowner is not completely satisfied. This is very misleading and our yearly scores reflect that. We don't want honest feedback from the homeowners. 100% complete is a great standard and the only standard there should be but we are not robots and do not live in a perfect world.. Frequently minor issues will be found at the final walk through. In fact they always will if the home buyer starts to look. Need a realistic policy other then trying to get the home owner to sign off with the threat of not closing.

There are newer employer reviews for KB Home