There are newer employer reviews for KB Home

KB Home Atlanta it's too late for you but all Southeast regions beware! Especially SC and NC divisions.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at KB Home

Pros

Managers were personal and dedicated to their department. Learning new abilities.

Cons

Executive Vice President after the release of the president was not an independent thinker, slow to make decisions, showed no care for employee delight and expected unreasonable timelines instead of working with his managers to support his division.

Advice to Management

KB Home Atlanta closed, but they moved the EVP to Charleston. To the EVP I would say, dedicate your time to that division and work your tail off to keep them in business and show your managers why they are worth keeping instead of letting those managers decide the fate. Change your handle from Closing King (aka the one who comes to close a division) to Saving King. As for the CEO Jeff Mezger, I really like your approach to going back to smaller homes for the 1st time buyer, what the company was built on, but upper management use the business model only when it fits their needs. Hopefully you are not doing the same.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

KB Home New Mexico

Former Employee - Land Acquisition Associate in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Land Acquisition Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at KB Home

Pros

Enjoyed type of work and flexibility.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy and limited long term vision within local division.

Advice to Management

Give more local autonomy to divisions to be able to make better business based upon local markets rather than making general decisions based upon national trends which do not reflect local markets.

If you did not work on your own in a neighborhood with cool workmates working for KB Raleigh sucked.

Former Employee - Superintendent in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Raleigh, NC

I worked at KB Home

Pros

Money was good. As a field superintendent you have lots and lots of freedom.

Cons

Pressure. They have BS standards of not closing a home unless it is 100% complete. If you find a nick in a cabinet at the final walk through you are not supposed to close the home..... totally stupid.. You have to ask the homeowner not to say anything about the issue. If they don't agree then they can't close... Stupid. Housing markets are very bad right now. 90% of emplyees laid off. Raleigh is now under completely new management..

Advice to Management

Make monthly CSI realistic. You want "fake" numbers. You want us to beg for the 10 even when the homeowner is not completely satisfied. This is very misleading and our yearly scores reflect that. We don't want honest feedback from the homeowners. 100% complete is a great standard and the only standard there should be but we are not robots and do not live in a perfect world.. Frequently minor issues will be found at the final walk through. In fact they always will if the home buyer starts to look. Need a realistic policy other then trying to get the home owner to sign off with the threat of not closing.