KB Home
www.kbhome.com Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

KB Home great company but needs help in Atlanta Market

New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at KB Home

ProsKB Home has a very good track record in business and manages the company well. They provide incentives to sell, vacations and CASH as a way to motivate. The on job training was absolutely fabulous when I began with the company. Plenty of role playing and continuous on line classes to stay on top of the game in the business. They continuously involved the agents with realtors and rewards to draw them into the communities.

ConsThe Atlanta market had many changes in the past couple years. They opened communities for sales agents and without telling them of what is to come, closes them down. The agent is left to inform the buyers of the changes. They have long hours with sales promotion weekends beginning from 10am-midnight, expect to stay. Movement of agents just when you start to sell, move you to another community. Which removes you from a large portion of the commission. Safety, was never top priority. Security systems that were not paid for, to save costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management changed many times. Training went from a month long training from community to community. Now, training is passed between agents to train others. Management extreme cut backs of office help. President of Atlanta market favored people and did not treat people fairly. Respect of all the hard work was not provided, expectations were illegal at times.

Good company. Great place to start a career.

IT (Former Employee)
Charleston, SC

I worked at KB Home

Pros: Good company that is ahead of its competition. Great internship opportunities with a welcoming environment. KB Home takes good care of its employees. Company is… Cons: Homebuilder industry is in a major slump. Office environment has a certain level of fear. People are afraid of losing their job. Industry will… Advice to Senior Management: Stick in there Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

LACK OF ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES!!!!!!

DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE (Current Employee)

I have been working at KB Home

Pros: The best reason unfortunately is the benefits and that is… Cons: The downsides I would have to say are lack of advancement opportunities at least in my division and the way they go about internally promoting.… Advice to Senior Management: VALUE YOUR EMPLOYEES BECAUSE THEIR VOICE MATTERS AS WELL. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THEY… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on KB Home.

Worked for KB Home? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KB Home reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KB Home CEO Jeff Mezger. All reviews posted anonymously by KB Home employees.