KBR

Good place to work

Current Employee - Principal Designer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Principal Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR

Pros

Good Benifits
Good Pay
Great place to start out of college

Cons

Located downtown
Always looking for charge numbers to bill to for timesheet logging.
Projects micro manage workers time charges down to the hour.
Always shifting jobs to offshore locations.

Look to incourage internal training of the current staff that you have. Instead of hiring and layingoff employees, train the staff you have to work other areas in other departments.

374 Other Employee Reviews for KBR (View Most Recent)

KBR has offered many opportunities for learning.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR

Pros

KBR has many international opportunities available, and is a well recognized firm in its field. Clients recognize the ability of KBR to perform exceedingly well.

Cons

Working at such a large company one often finds themselves lost in the numbers. It can be difficult to find ways to make yourself heard.

The most difficult obstacle I have encountered is feeling that I have the options to move into a position I feel most suits me.

Never Again

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR

Pros

If you need to make some money quick this is the only viable option, and beleive me they know that also ..KBR stands for Kan Be Replaced..

Cons

On a scale of 1 to 20 of things you have to worry about in a warzone in Iraq, bullets and mortars are like number 18 on the list. THE PEOPLE you work with are your number 1 threat, everybody will eventually get fired for something, you may pass up promotions just because you are unaware of the co-workers waiting for you at another job site.Over the years I have seen the most honarable people get fired for most ridiculous accusations and in turn have the worst ,have a extended tenure.
    Its all about who you know , If you have any post secondary education or a skill set that makes you valuable anywhere else I highly recommend you do not put yourself through the KBR experience.

Practice what you preach.

I also pray that if the the military gets into another conflict for a extended time , that you will not receive any contratcs so you can not monopolize all the contracts and have your if you dont like it go home attitude towards your employees

There are newer employer reviews for KBR