KBR
www.kbr.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

One of America's Best ...

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA

Pros- Great work environment
- Most in leadership were excellent ... the few who weren't caused some issues, but they were eventually replaced.
- Excellent benefits
- Leaders ensured workforce was aware of company's focus, vision and strategy

Cons- Long hours if involved in producing proposals. I regularly worked 70-80 hour weeks when we were working on submitting a proposal. Nice annual salary suddenly becomes a poor hourly salary when working these hours. Fortunately, it was only 3 months or so out of the year.
- Retired Army generals are not always the best action/project managers. Particularly those who surround themselves with an entourage of "worker bees" - people who work hard to cover the general's glaring lack of knowledge.
- Upward mobility was lacking in most areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in the retired general officers to work in business development ... shake hands, keep in contact with their active duty counterparts, and help shape the RFPs when possible. The majority of them (didn't say all; saw a couple of top-notch ones) come in to run things, knowing zilch about the job or how it is done. Some of these I saw cared more about protecting their image than they did about making the hard calls and "going to bat" for their employees. In fact, these guys wouldn't take a fall ... but they were always sure to throw their folks under the bus.

Good experience

Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at KBR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Positive work experience, good management, good training Cons: Some management not qualified, definitely who you know. Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to what your managers and supervisors are doing. More

Good Company

WORK GROUP LEADER (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Place to work for Cons: Less U.S domestic project work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on KBR.

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KBR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KBR CEO Bill Utt. All reviews posted anonymously by KBR employees.