KBR

There are newer employer reviews for KBR

I love working for KBR.

Current Employee - Pipe Superintendent in Fayetteville, NC
Current Employee - Pipe Superintendent in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at KBR full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Iv'e been with KBR about five years this time. I haven't had to look for a job. They keep me busy and challenged.

Cons

If you don't like to travel this might not be the best choice for you. If you do like traveling like I do you'll love it. Iv'e been in four states in two years.

My only dilemma is not enough notice on where I'm going next.

379 Other Employee Reviews for KBR (View Most Recent)

Okay . Good Company. Personally difficult.

Current Employee - Associate Engineering Specialist - Mechanical in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Engineering Specialist - Mechanical in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Huge Workforce, Big Company, nnn

Cons

Aging workforce, very restrictive on moving to newer technologies. against change management

One of America's Best ...

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at KBR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Most in leadership were excellent ... the few who weren't caused some issues, but they were eventually replaced.
    - Excellent benefits
    - Leaders ensured workforce was aware of company's focus, vision and strategy

Cons

- Long hours if involved in producing proposals. I regularly worked 70-80 hour weeks when we were working on submitting a proposal. Nice annual salary suddenly becomes a poor hourly salary when working these hours. Fortunately, it was only 3 months or so out of the year.
    - Retired Army generals are not always the best action/project managers. Particularly those who surround themselves with an entourage of "worker bees" - people who work hard to cover the general's glaring lack of knowledge.
    - Upward mobility was lacking in most areas.

Bring in the retired general officers to work in business development ... shake hands, keep in contact with their active duty counterparts, and help shape the RFPs when possible. The majority of them (didn't say all; saw a couple of top-notch ones) come in to run things, knowing zilch about the job or how it is done. Some of these I saw cared more about protecting their image than they did about making the hard calls and "going to bat" for their employees. In fact, these guys wouldn't take a fall ... but they were always sure to throw their folks under the bus.

There are newer employer reviews for KBR