Good Company to Work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 9/80 schedule is nice, it has a really laid back enviroment and very safety oriented. People are very helpful and friendly; like a small city. Benefits are great also and very flexible if have problems or need time off. Working for projects one can learn different aspects of the job and not the same thing with every project. Very versatile in culture and good place for the older worker, they do not care if young or old as long as qualified.

Cons

Projects are contract and with the admin assistants if no project you are out the door; not like the engineers and managers that have a station to go until projects come available. Keep the jobs here in the U.S. and do not send overseas. That is one reason they have lost many talented people. Needs to update with the rest of the business world on their software programs and equipment. Do not be pinchy and take care of your employees with working equipment and give us more contracts.

Advice to Management

Do not send jobs/projects overseas, we need to be working and keep our people employed. Salaries could be a little better with the rest of the Engineering field but not be shabby either.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Despite low salary range, great environment until major management change in 2008.

Former Employee - Proposals in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Proposals in Arlington, VA

I worked at KBR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Now, pros may be few, except for OCONUS work opportunities. [Rating would've been 4-5 stars during employment; now it would be 1 star, so to be fair I gave it a 3.]

Cons

Unstable environment, management by fear and intimidation, dearth of communication, outdated processes, stuck in good old boy era.

Advice to Management

Hire some humans again who listen to staff who are trying their best to serve the company. Meet with middle management who meet with their staff. Lose the stovepipes and truly communicate. You might start succeeding again.

2. I love working for KBR.

Current Employee - Pipe Superintendent in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Pipe Superintendent in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at KBR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Iv'e been with KBR about five years this time. I haven't had to look for a job. They keep me busy and challenged.

Cons

If you don't like to travel this might not be the best choice for you. If you do like traveling like I do you'll love it. Iv'e been in four states in two years.

Advice to Management

My only dilemma is not enough notice on where I'm going next.