KBR
www.kbr.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Solid, middle-of-the-road company

IT Professional (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsThe work environment is good, with decent coworkers, and the 9-80 work week is a nice benefit. Salaries are average. It can be hard to move up, but there are some opportunities, if you're willing to find them.

ConsBenefits drop each year and there seems to be no hope of bonuses or recognition for support staff not working directly on projects. There is fairly frequent management turnover in some areas, which is disconcerting for the employees. The overall atmosphere quite conservative.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and meet the people who work for you.

Company sells man hours - high performers are not welcome

Information Manager, Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at KBR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: average benefits - were better in 2006 Cons: company lost many projects and made many layoffs Advice to Senior Management: Clients want high performers engineering services, not by hour -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Okay comapny

Project Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at KBR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you are a start employee you will shine at KBR. Work-life-balance is a plus at KBR and you are able to participate in… Cons: There is very little chance to move up within the company unless you know someone that is willing to promote you. There is a… Advice to Senior Management: Seek more qualified managers at all levels; hire better qualified… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on KBR.

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KBR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KBR CEO Bill Utt. All reviews posted anonymously by KBR employees.