There are newer employer reviews for KBR

KBR contracting review

Former Employee - Generator Mechanic
Former Employee - Generator Mechanic

I worked at KBR

Pros

Good money. You don't have to pay to eat or live so that is nice. Good vacations for a contractor, one every 4 months.

Cons

Terrible management. Pretty ineffecient and corrupt company. They are big on hiring unqualified kenyans who have no idea what they are doing.

Cut back on hiring foreign nationals. Many lack basic knowledge of how to perform jobs. Get better oversight so extreme amounts of money aren't wasted.

349 Other Employee Reviews for KBR (View Most Recent)

The sky is the limit... but you have to wait your turn..

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR

Pros

Variety of projects, technologies & roles. I've been with KBR for many years now and all my assignments have been exciting and challenging. I can comfortably state that I've been learning on my job everyday!

Cons

I wont be surprised if the average age of the company is 50+. It takes a while before Engineers are allowed to lead projects. You have to wait your turn. But once you show promise, the sky is the limit.

I would recommend that KBR start entrusting their younger engineers with more responsibilities and nurture them into future leaders.

Decent place to work - as E&C firms go

Current Employee - Technical Professional Process Engineering  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Professional Process Engineering in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR

Pros

Flexible work schedule and hours (I was given a lot of flexibility to do my job and go to school part-time).

Cons

Many engineering groups are top heavy (advancement is difficult)

PPR process (annual employee review process) is cumbersome and not relevant to most employees.

There are newer employer reviews for KBR

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!