There are newer employer reviews for KBR

Fast money in a short time

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at KBR as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

They will work you so much they have no choice but for you to make great money.

Cons

I have worked here for over 8 years. The average week is over 80 hours of work. My first week they told me to work every hour I could.... then asked me to stop at 100 hours a week. Working 10 to 16 hours a day leaves no time for life..

Advice to Management

Give the employees more thank you's and less stress. The pay is great but a simple thanks is good to.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not for everyone, Big Pros and Cons

Former Employee - Cost Specialist in Baghdad (Iraq)
    Former Employee - Cost Specialist in Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at KBR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a special contract out of Iraq and Kuwait, I do not think this opportunity is still available. The pay was pretty good overall, all living expenses and housing were paid for. Healthcare benefits etc... 3 paid vacations a year, each vacation is 2 weeks. Learned a lot about the world and how the US military works from a financial stand point. Some people made so much money working over there that they basically retired (For those that saved) when they went got home.

Cons

Active warzone, so expect to be shot at with mortars and rockets. Minimum 84 hour work weeks, heavy work load. Although I heard that some people in this position at other locations spent most of their time watching movies and playing games. That was not my experience though. Office politics can be annoying, too many layers of managment. You are essentially an arm of the US military and its giant bureaucracy.

2. I greatly enjoyed my time (approx. 10 years) with KBR.

Former Employee - Property Administrator, Doc Control and Firefighter in Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at KBR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great established systems and procedures. Responsive Project and Corporate Management. Great pay and benefit package.

Cons

It is not exactly a "Con" per se, but as in any large company, you will find a few who will try to "tear down people, the system or the establishment itself" due to their bad experiences with a company. Avoid these personnel at all costs. Every company goes through this, but every company tries to avoid it. Listen to all comments and take it all in, but make your own determination.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people - conduct job environment surveys quarterly or semi-annually but most importantly - anonymously or in a neutral, independent, one-on-one setting. Listen to systems and procedure improvement suggestions from the lowest employee and move up from there, making an "x" at each level. If a supervisor or manager makes a suggestion go back down two levels to see if it can be validated.