I was stationed in Iraq so the conditions could of been better but I was compensated well for the time I was gone.

Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Houston, TX

I worked at KBR

Pros

Working overseas for long periods of time (over 330 days in year) can be benifitual for not having to pay taxes to the IRS and state goverment. R & R every 4 months.

Cons

overseas its 12 hours a day 7 days a week nonstop and in a war zone. It is very difficult for people that have families back in the U.S. not having the freedom to come and go as you please on your days off.

newly hired employes should have an option on some type of retirement plan. Which is not an option as a new hire working overseas.

Other Reviews for KBR

Rewarding, both professionally and personally

Current Employee - Technical Advisor - Piping  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Advisor - Piping in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR

Pros

The people are superb. Coworkers are courteous and professional, department management actually cares about the employees, and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement and professional development. Senior management seems to be making good choices about where the company is going.

Cons

Senior management can seem impersonal to the rank & file, though they're trying to improve that. Still need work on improving communication between various groups and disciplines.

KBR provided me a job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at KBR

Pros

In this economy, its a job that is credible on your resume. It allows you to get a good foothold into other reputable companies.

Cons

Salary bands are not aligned accordingly to the rest of the market. They are substantially lower than the area market.

Performance recognition needs to be assessed more frequently. Morale boosting from management would be a warm welcome considering most salaries do not compensate.

There are newer employer reviews for KBR.

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!