KEYW

There are newer employer reviews for KEYW

Good Midsize Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been able to find the work that most interests me here. I find their healthcare, vacation, and retirement to be way above par for the industry. I like that they will help me find new work when I'm looking for a change.

Cons

Lots of moving pieces right now.

More events for the employees that work on customer sites. Tough to get to the corporate office sometimes.

21 Other Employee Reviews for KEYW (View Most Recent)

Company cares about its employees

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company often goes above and beyond for its employees. They take a professional and personal interest. Other public companies I've worked for try to nickel and dime their employees. They have only improved funds for employees such as training since going public.

Cons

Often with companies that acquire companies sometimes there is a struggle with establishing identity. Keyw is still making a uniform brand to employees and external customers.

Poor direction, poor organization, uncaring management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PTO is among the best in industry, 401k matching is superior, health care his great

Cons

This company is a "body shop" so to speak. Highly motivated individuals seeking a challenge would probably be better served and valued with another company. I think salary is approximately 20% below market. Many people I have spoken with have had the impression they were going to do something other that what they are actually doing, but this happens at many companies. Simply put, management only cares about you as a person upon initial hire, after that you are a dollar sign or a number to them.

Communicate with employees in a fashion other than the quarterly financial briefings.

There are newer employer reviews for KEYW