KEYW

www.keywcorp.com

Fabulous Pay, Great Benefits, Wonderful People

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

Pros* HR is fantastic - I haven't had a single problem they haven't solved in a couple days or less - tuition reimbursement, 401k allocation, stock purchasing adjustment, etc.
* Great benefits - 401k matching is nearly unmatched (ha!) and they offer a Roth 401k, vesting is almost always immediate (stock options generally carry a 4-year vesting schedule), healthcare is great (Blue Cross) and they offer and HSA option, dental is super inexpensive and widely accepted, AD&D and other benefits included.
* Pay is great - definitely some of the highest in the local area for a company this size.
* Lots of different work to do - if you're bored/unhappy, you can switch contracts!
* Awesome holiday parties (last one was at M&T Bank Stadium)!
* Great charitable giving opportunities, sometimes even including free company-provided cash to donate to a charity of your choice.
* Responsive management - any questions I've had have been answered promptly and professionally.

Cons* If you select the hourly rate structure, you have no leave, which is a bit of a pain sometimes, but depending on your lifestyle it's workable. You can switch to salaried if you like (open season once a year).
* Most of the time you're direct labor, so you have to give the customer what they want (obviously).
* I've been sitting here 5 minutes on this bullet, and I can't think of any other ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs far as I can tell, upper management is doing great. I don't know why there wasn't a Bagel Breakfast for quite a while (probably the move to Milestone), but I like those so keep them going.

Good Midsize Company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time for more than a year

Pros: I've been able to find the work that most interests me here. I find their healthcare, vacation, and retirement to be… Cons: Lots of moving pieces right now. Advice to Senior Management: More events for the employees that work on customer sites.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company cares about its employees

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company often goes above and beyond for its employees. They take a professional and personal interest. Other public companies I've worked… Cons: Often with companies that acquire companies sometimes there is a struggle with establishing… More

There are newer reviews on KEYW.

Worked for KEYW? Contribute to the Community!